We love the college students at Commonway! And we know college can be an amazing, challenging, chaotic, rewarding, and confusing experience. As a church, we have an opportunity to be a support system for students as they navigate this important and formative time in their lives.
Our college students have let us know this: they’re looking to make a connection beyond Sunday morning. They may be be looking for a family to be their home away from home, a place to do free laundry, or just friendly faces to share a meal with after church. As a part of our body, college students are looking to get connected and we are ready to help them in any way that we can. Sign up today for our Adopt-a-Student Program.
Three Reasons Students Should Sign Up:
- This may be your best chance to eat something besides Ramen noodles occasionally. Most hosts would love to have you over for a home-cooked meal, or at least an occasional meal after church on Sunday.
- Your “adopted parents” can be the people you tell about that regrettable tattoo you got on Thursday night, as practice, before you have to tell your actual parents.
- Making a personal connection with people at church who aren’t college students can actually help you integrate into the life of the church. Being connected makes it more likely you will grow spiritually during the school year.
Three Reasons You Should Host Students:
- This may be your only chance at staying up-to-date on current slang and technology. Learn the art of emojis and brush up on your selfie game.
- Your family may be getting tired of hearing the same jokes at dinner, but these students haven’t heard any of your best material. Dad jokes all day long!
- The next generation isn’t coming soon – they are here now. You’d be surprised how much our college students want to learn from your experiences and benefit from having a relationship with people who aren’t college students.
Host families and college students will gather together for our Adopt-a-College Student Kickoff on September 27. A casual meal and an opportunity to break the ice, join us after church for lunch at the Innovation Connector.