These questions are meant to be a choose-your-own-adventure. That is, use what you like. Skip what you don’t. And add to it in any way you see fit.
- We all have limitations…things we wish we could be or do that are just not feasible or part of our reality. What’s one limitation that you are aware of in yourself? What’s one limitation that you’re actually thankful for?
- The best superhero movies show the hero’s limitations…of course, except in one area. So if you could have any superhero power, what would it be?
Your Heavenly Father Knows
Matthew 6.31-33 – 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- God is asking us, “Will you trust me?” So what does it look like to trust God? For our lives, for our well-being? For our needs? And for our wants?
- Do you live as if it’s all up to you to make it all happen? Do you live as if your future is actually totally under your control? Another way to ask that is…. Why do we live as if we have to do everything and be everything all of time?
Luke 12.15 – 15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”
- What part of this verse stands out to you? Why?
- “Your standard of living does not equal your quality of life.” In what ways have you seen this to be true?
What is your life?
James 4.13-14 – 13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
- Do you feel tension between your job and your family? Or perhaps between to-do lists and relationships?
- We have a tendency to push to exceed our limits…limits on time, on our capacity, our gifts. Most of us tend to think that we have to be more than we are. So, first what limits do you deal with?
- There is no way we can reach full potential in all areas. So where do you need to do less? Who do you need to choose to disappoint? What decisions do you need to make in order to create more space?