On Sunday, Matt announced that Commonway is getting ready to launch an exciting new tool called “The Commons.” As a church, we believe this is an exciting and beneficial opportunity for our community, one that will help you stay connected to what’s happening at Commonway and able to communicate with the people and groups you care most about.
Today, we’re excited to announce that The Commons is now open!
SO WHAT EXACTLY IS “THE COMMONS?”
The Commons is a web-based communication and organizational tool (built by CCB) and is designed to help our church interact with one another, as well as to stay up with the latest happenings in your small group and throughout the church. Inside The Commons, you will soon be able to join groups, register for events, express interest in service opportunities, sign up to express and meet needs, communicate with other members, and view your personalized Commonway calendar.
The Commons is designed to help you build relationships and stay connected to Commonway in ways that are most meaningful to you. The Commons is a one-stop place for you to:
- View upcoming events for the church and groups you are a part of
- Easily organize and communicate with your small group
- Connect directly with people you know and meet at Commonway
- Share up-to-date contact information with leaders and friends
- Sign up and manage your availability for service opportunities
- Manage your online giving and view your giving records
To get started, head over to CommonwayChurch.com/TheCommons and request access. Once we receive your request, we will send you a username and password. Initially, you can begin by filling out your profile information, viewing the church calendar, and “adding friends” in The Commons. In the coming weeks and months, you’ll also be able to connect with your small group, see your volunteer schedule, and much more.
As a church, we’ll be growing into The Commons as a community over the next few months. Here is our roadmap for future development:
- Phase 1 (December) – Official opening: individual sign ups, profile creation, and online giving set up
- Phase 2 (January) – Small groups and service opportunities added
- Phase 3 (March/April) – Volunteer scheduling and communication added
IMPORTANT NOTE IF YOU CURRENTLY USE ONLINE GIVING
For many of you, online giving is the easiest and best way to manage your giving at Commonway. The Commons will now be the place for you to manage all of your online giving.
- If you currently have a recurring online gift set up at Commonway and you want to choose this option going forward, you will need to create a profile in The Commons and set up a new recurring gift. You will only need to do this once. And you will be able to make any changes you need to at any point by logging into The Commons.
- To set up your online giving, log in with your username and password. Once logged in, look for “Give” on the left side of the screen. Follow the instructions as prompted.
- Important Note: if you currently have one-time or recurring giving set up under the old system, this old method will be phased out beginning on January 1, 2016. To continue online giving in 2016, please set up your new giving through The Commons.
Have more questions about The Commons or Online Giving? Head over to CommonwayChurch.com/TheCommons – scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find our FAQs and a Walkthrough Guide. Still have questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org