Scripture: Luke 14:1-23
- What do you like about this parable? How might it have been offensive to those first hearing it?
- Why does the Master (representing God) in the parable want his “house full”?
- How did Jesus see people in his day who were considered less valuable and were therefore marginalized or ignored or discarded? What specifically enabled Jesus to see people differently than everyone else?
- What prevents you from seeing everyone in your life the way Jesus did?
- What actions did this “seeing” result in for Jesus? What did it lead him to do differently? Try and list as many examples as you can think of.
- What kinds of actions would likely come as a result of a group of people following Jesus and trying to live like him in Muncie, IN in 2016?