- Cliff and the worship team are simply awesome. They utilize their gifts and talents and work hard to lead us in a time of worship and thanksgiving. Please take time to pray and give thanks to God for these individuals who volunteer their time for us. Thank you.
- Proverbs 3:1-7 – After a short recap of Solomon’s background and history, Matt highlighted v.5: “Trust in the Lord will all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways submit to him…” Here the word “submit” refers to honor, obey; Hebrews: “riveted on God.” What do these highlighted words mean to you as they pertain to your daily walk and life with Him?
- The verse continues, “in all your ways acknowledge Him” – Matt suggested that we sometimes compartmentalize those things that we want from God and keep to the side the things that we want to keep as “ours.” Our prayers may be, “God what are my options so I can consider them.” By stressing the word “all” how do this look in our daily lives? What are some ways we can learn to look to God in the parts of life we want to protect?
- Many times God waits for us to get to a point when are at the point that we are “riveted to Him” and ready to say YES. Describes some times in your lives when you have come to the point and said; “Show me, Lord, your way. I am ready to submit to you.”
- V.7 – “Do not be wise in your own eyes.” How have we allowed our experiences and knowledge get in the way of God directing us in toward right choices?
- Five considerations:
- Pray for indifference
- Give Scripture a voice
- Consider your character growth and development
- Embrace a Kingdom perspective
- Look for peace and confirmation
Take time to reflect on the five topics and how each can help us through “Tough Choices.”
FINAL TAKEAWAY: “We don’t just need information, we need God.”